The outgoing winters always have a track record of leaving me fumbling with a runny nose or a sore throat. As expected, it happened this time around too. But what happened next was un-thought of earlier. In one of my impulsive phases, I shot a question at a few friends.
The answers left me speechless and also glad that for a change, I caught a cold which didn’t affect my brain. Or did it?
The question was : If I cut my nose, will it help me get rid of my cold?
Person 1 : “You surely won’t be able to breathe.”
- That sounds like my answer – 90% of the time. But I was in the 10% bucket right now. So that’s not coming from me today, at least.
Person 2 : “I tried to Google it. But I couldn’t find anything concrete.”
This is my favorite answer! From my favorite person! And for you, all I’ll say today is :
Person 3 : “No. Mad woman!”
- Okay! I got you. Jeez. Relax. I am not really going to cut my nose off, irrespective of how much I’d like it to be sharper and longer. But, nope, not cutting it off!
Person 4 : “Drink some ginger juice. Steam some water. It’ll help get rid of the cold.”
- Nah, this one ain’t a doctor. But this one worries about me, sometimes a little too much to get the humour in the question, probably! Just saying. 😉
Person 5 : “You could try it. If it works out, let me know as well. I’ll join the club.”
- Someone help me out now! It’s important this one joins my club! She is after all, my sister! Yes, the craziness runs in the blood!
Person 6 : “Definitely!”
- Surprised, I asked the person another question. “What do I do with the blood?” Yes, there was a response. “Pass it off as pomegranate juice and give it to someone to drink!” Speechless!
What would you say to me? Go ahead, sharpen your wit, improve your humour and answer me.
P.S. : The cold’s gone now. The nose is still there. I wonder if Voldemort is jealous of me. 😛